Affiliate Marketing for Beginners is an online, self study course created by Corbett Bar. Corbett has been self employed since 1996, and due to his online income, he is able to spend time traveling the US and Mexico. Today he runs two blogs, Free Pursuits and Think Traffic, as well has a number of successful minisites. Since leaving the corporate world, Corbett has developed several sources of income. He currently earns about 30 percent of his income from affiliate marketing, with half of that coming from minisites. With a big portion of his income derived from affiliate marketing, he has lots of experience that he’s excited to share.
Affiliate Marketing for Beginners is an online course. It’s similar to the eBooks that I normally review here, but there are a few differences. With an online course, the content is all online, so it’s not easy to print it out or take in with you on a laptop that’s not web enabled. What you gain, however, is the ability to interact with the author, which is a huge factor in something like affiliate marketing.
Overview of topics
Affiliate Marketing for Beginners covers the full array of topics in order to begin the path to earning income through affiliate marketing. It covers the basics of choosing a product through an affiliate program, how to choose good niches, how to create an affiliate minisite, how to get traffic to that site, and ultimately how to earn that allusive affiliate income.
Table of Contents
- How to Use this Course
- A Hearty Welcome
Introducing Affiliate Marketing
- Introducing Affiliate Marketing
- Ways to Earn Money Through Affiliate Marketing
- Types of Affiliate Marketing Sites and Programs
- How Much Money Can Be Made?
- What is Required of You in This Course
- The Steps Involved in Building a Complete Affiliate Marketing Minisite
- Introduction to Keyword Research and Topic Selection
- Our Secret Keyword Recipe for a Successful Affiliate Minisite
- Time for Some Keyword Research!
- Affiliate Program Selection
Creating Your Site
- Introduction to Site Creation
- Setting Up Hosting and WordPress
- Configuring WordPress and Installing a Theme
- Writing Content
- Cleaning Up Your Design
- Introduction to SEO and Traffic Building
- Getting Our Site Indexed and Ranked
- Getting Your First Sale
Advanced Topics + Scaling Up
- Scaling Up Your Site and Your Business
- On Strengths, Contributions and Passions
- Other Advanced Topics
$77 The Complete Course
Includes membership to the course, the 5 modules, 21 lessons, two functional (profitable) example sites to follow, ability to ask questions directly within the course, complete money-back guarantee, and a free upgrade to the next version of the course.
$97 The Complete Course Deluxe Package
Includes everything in the Complete Course plus all of the following.
- The “affiliate experts” interview series, including “building an entire business around affiliate marketing” with Karol Gajda, “what makes a product successful for affiliates” with Adam Baker and “finding and selling affiliate products you love” with Everett Bogue.
- The “getting started” interview with Trever Clark, a successful Affiliate Marketing for Beginners classmate. Trever shares how the AMfB course led him from zero knowledge to successful affiliate in just six weeks.
- Access to special monthly group coaching sessions, where you can ask me your questions live on the phone, and access to every recorded group session.
- The 5-part “successful affiliate” tips series, a special set of lessons where I share advanced techniques and strategies. Find out how to get a 5x return for no additional work, how I’ve earned over $1000 an hour from affiliate marketing on more than one occasion, and what my top affiliate programs and niches are right now.
The Complete Course is a good value. If the course were formatted into an eBook it would be a little expensive, but as a course, it’s a pretty good value. Especially when you consider that similar courses can go for upwards of $500.
Once you’ve committed to the course, the extra $20 for the Deluxe Package is a good investment. In fact, I would say the Deluxe Package makes the entire course a much better value. The monthly coaching sessions are a great way to ask questions, and they are recorded, so you can access past sessions. These past coaching sessions are a great source of additional information, as you get to hear from others that may be struggling on similar issues. The other videos and audio content are also helpful and are great for inspiration and ideas.
- Membership to the course
- The 5 modules and 21 lessons
- The ability to ask questions directly within the course
- The two functional (profitable) example sites to follow
- The complete money-back guarantee
- A free upgrade to the next version of the course when it comes out
- The course format makes it possible to converse with the author.
- The “beginners” nature of this course means it’s great for anyone with little or no experience.
- The phased nature of the lessons help you to progress in stages and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- After working through the course, I feel like Corbett genuinely wants me to be successful.
- Example sites give you a real life look at an affiliate marketing minisite.
- Money back guarantee.
The minisites rely on a blog format, so if have no experience with blogs, you might have a bit of a learning curve. Once you get the first one done though, others should come easier.
I’m going to give Affiliate Marketing for Beginners 4 stars for the standard package and 5 stars for the deluxe package. This course does exactly what it set out to do, and that is to teach beginners how to make money through affiliate marketing. The course details every step, and does a good job of walking your through the process. Everything is organized well and you have to opportunity to converse with the authors through a comments section at the end of each lesson.
Once you have the basics down, and have created an affiliate site or two, the deluxe package really begins to shine. The group coaching sessions are fantastic, the tips series is helpful, and the videos are inspiring. The deluxe package really makes this into a course instead of just an eBook. I would definitely spring for the extra $20 to add the deluxe features.
Check out Affiliate Marketing for Beginners so you can join the ranks of online income earners.
If you have taken the Affiliate Marketing Course for Beginners, I’d love it if you would leave a comment and gave it your own star rating. Thanks!