Unfortunately, abusive relationship are quite common. Whether they involve emotional abuse or physical abuse, abusive relationships can emotionally harm the abused person for many years to come. It is said that 1 out 4 women will be suffer from an abusive relationship at one time or another, and this is a sad and startling statistic. If you have been a victim of an abusive lover and you need to figure out how to extract yourself from the situation, here are 5 ways you can bounce back from the torment of an abusive relationship.
- Have A Support Group. Many abusive lovers may try to isolate you from friends or family, but it is of the utmost importance that you have these people in your life to help you out. When a woman has love and support from family and friends, it may help her find the courage to leave the abusive relationship.
- Don’t Blame Yourself. Although it may be easy to believe that the abuse you suffer at the hands of your lover is your fault, it’s not. The abuser is the one with the problem, not you, so it is important that you do not let this person make you feel guilty for the situation.
- Love Yourself. Suffering the torment of an abusive relationship may ruin your sense of worth and cause you to not like who you are, but you must remember to love yourself. When you love and respect yourself, you will realize you do not deserve the treatment of your abusive lover.
- Find A Professional To Help. There are many organizations that focus on providing help to abused women. Try to contact one of these organizations and see how they can help you build your life without the abuse of your lover. Or, find a counselor who can help you discuss your feelings and find a way to live an abuse free life.
- Keep A Journal. Writing down your feelings is a great way to come to terms with your emotions. Keep a list of your positive attributes and remind yourself that you are a wonderful person who does not deserve to suffer the wrath of an angry lover.
If you are a woman who suffers from the pain and suffering of an abusive relationship, know that there are ways you can rise above this horrible situation and make a better life for yourself. Remember, you are a good person who deserves to be happy and once you start to believe this, hopefully the abusive lover will go away.